Learn about our aid response to the Nepal Earthquake
Every child deserves a bright future and together with our supporters, we work hard to make sure nothing gets in their way. In Australia and around the world, we do everything we can to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
In 2016, Save the Children Australia ran 166 projects in 24 countries around the world, reaching millions of children and their families. We also responded to 20 humanitarian crises with life-saving support.
This work is made possible thanks to the incredible generosity of our supporters and we value each, and every one of you. It’s important to us that you have confidence in Save the Children and trust we will use our funds effectively. Our Supporter Promise tells you what you can expect from us and how we will use your donations:
Your privacy is important; we will respect and protect it
- We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
- Your data is confidential and is kept securely.
- If we contact you, we avoid inconvenient times and we're respectful of your time.
- We won’t contact you if you’ve asked us not to, unless it's a legal requirement or you have agreed to it. Please see our Privacy Statement for more details.
- Occasionally we may share your contact details with other trusted organisations who may contact you with information that might be of interest to you. These organisations allow us to do the same, which means we can reach more people with information about Save the Children Australia. If you do not wish to receive communications from other organisations please contact Supporter Care Team on 1800 76 00 11 (FREECALL, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm ADST) or email@example.com to let us know.
You have a right to know how your donations are used; we will be accountable and transparent
- Every dollar you donate is important and we will use it wisely to protect children’s rights.
- You will receive a report back every year telling you where and how funds are spent.
- We share our financial information in a way that's easy to access and understand.
- You will receive case studies, inspiring stories and measurable results to show how your donations are helping to change the lives of vulnerable children.
- We're honest about our challenges as well as our successes.
- If something goes wrong, we'll say sorry and will work with you to ensure it doesn't happen again.
We conduct ourselves with integrity in all our activities
- We comply with best practice standards for accountability and quality, as advised by the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID), the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), the Fundraising Institute Australia (FIA) and the Association for Data-driven Marketing and Advertising (ADMA).
- When out in the community, we adhere to best practice standards as provided by the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association (PFRA), as do our representatives in the field.
- Your needs are important and we're always here to help. We will actively listen to what you say and engage with you to understand your feedback, both positive and negative.
You can be confident we will behave ethically
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that fundraising suppliers treat their employees fairly and ethically.
- We work with local partners to build their capacity so they can manage their finances and deliver programs effectively. We ensure that our work, and the work of our partners, focuses on reaching the children who need it most.
- We respect, value and encourage diversity and ensure our programs support children regardless of race, ethnicity or religion.
- We constantly strive to improve our cost effectiveness by improving our return on investment from fundraising activities, improving our administration efficiency and ensuring our programs deliver the greatest impact.
- We will constantly strive to improve our work by driving innovation and change that has the greatest impact on children’s lives.
If you have any questions about our Supporter Promise or would like more information about our work, please contact our Supporter Care Team on 1800 76 00 11 (FREECALL, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm ADST) or firstname.lastname@example.org. We're always happy to help.
Here are some other helpful links relating to our promise to you: