The purpose of this role is to assist with sorting and processing of incoming goods to sell in Retail shops. This role also includes assisting with the pickup and delivery of stock for the Save the Children Australia shops on a cyclic and needs basis well as the delivery and collection of donated goods from members of the public.
Key areas of accoutability
Sales and Customer Service
- Provide high levels of customer service in line with Save the Children standards
- Support and drive local promotional activities within the store
- Handle Customer feedback when necessary and provide solutions where possible
- Ensure stock is sold as per the ticket price
- Attend designated shifts as per the roster and notify Store Manager of absences
- Maintain compliance with SCA policies and procedures
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy in matter relating to the store, customers, procedures and security
- Ensure a full understanding, have access to and comply with policies and procedures
- Ensure Depot and surrounding areas are kept neat, secure and orderly at all times.
- Sort goods as per stock management guide ensuring all processes are followed and pricing aligns with State pricing guidelines
Health, Safety, Security and Risk Management Requirements
- Act in a safe manner at all times, including complying with all safety instructions and training given at the workplace.
- Participate in and contribute to Health and Safety awareness and improvements.
- Comply with emergency evacuation procedures.
- Report all incidents/injuries and potential hazards in a timely manner.
- Be aware of, and consider, the risks associated with your everyday work and apply appropriate mitigation measures
Essential skills & experience
- Organised and reliable
- Care with personal presentation
- Ability to commit to regular weekly shifts
- Ability to stand for a minimum 4 hours
Desired skills & experience
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to lift heavy items (Depot hand)
- Induction to Save the Children policies, processes and Code of conduct
- Store induction
Confirmed volunteers will be required to:
- Read and accept the Save the Children Volunteer Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
- Agree to a National Police Check being undertaken on their behalf
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Hermina Bolton on 08 8426 8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org