Learn about our aid response to the Nepal Earthquake
Our volunteers are amazing people who give their time to support our programs, op shops, events, programs and offices throughout Australia.
We have more than 2,600 volunteers ranging from 18 to 85-years-old. Together, they give more than 160,000 hours of their time each year – that's the equivalent of 84 full time staff. We value the support of every single one of our volunteers!
How your time will help children
Volunteering is a great way to support our work. By donating your time you can help us achieve three major breakthroughs for children:
- All children survive. No child dies from preventable causes before their fifth birthday.
- All children learn. Every child learns from a basic quality education.
- All children are safe. Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
The benefits of volunteering for you
You not only help kids in Australia and overseas when you volunteer for Save the Children, there are also big benefits for you too:
- You'll learn new skills while using your existing ones.
- You'll meet new people and make wonderful new friends.
- You'll find out more about the issues affecting vulnerable communities both here in Australia and overseas.
- You'll be going behind the scenes at one of Australia's largest aid and development agencies.
Current volunteer opportunities
We have volunteering positions available in our offices and programs across Australia, except in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and the Northern Territory (NT).
If we don't have an opportunity that suits your interests at the moment, register your interest and we'll get in touch when new opportunities become available.