Making charitable donations is about helping to change others’ lives – and the best charitable donations are those that change the lives of children. Below is information on one of the best charitable donations you can make and information on claiming charitable donations.
Save the Children is one of Australia's largest aid and development agencies dedicated to helping children, and as part of Save the Children International, we work in more than 125 countries around the world. We pride ourselves on enabling the best charitable donations for children by providing health and education programs that set children up for a bright future as well as supporting children during emergencies (a time when they are far more vulnerable than adults).
The Best Charitable Donations
By donating to Save the Children you can make one of the best charitable donations that positively impact children in need, both now and in the future.
Charitable donations to Save the Children provide life-saving aid, development programs and help make sure that kids can be kids, wherever they are. A single donation of $150 could buy long-lasting mosquito nets to protect ten families. A regular donation of $50 a month could buy enough materials to construct five household pit latrines, helping prevent the spread of disease.
What Makes Us One Of The Best Charitable Donations?
- We have been dedicated to children’s rights since 1919 so are well established
- We are a global organisation (we have programs in Australia, Africa, the Pacific Islands, South East Asia, South Central Asia, the Middle East and Nauru) so we can use our global scale to reach as many children in need as possible
- We are child-focused, independent and secular
- We have no membership or affiliation to any political party or religion
- Our transparency and accreditations
Claiming Charitable Donations
Claiming charitable donations can be done for any donation $2 and over. Tax deductions for charitable donations can only be made if the recipient has a DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient) status. Donations made to Save The Children are tax-deductible. We send out tax receipts for donations at the end of each financial year.