Charity events are a fun and effective way to raise much needed money for your favourite charity. Thousands of Australians participate in charity events for Save the Children Australia every year. From hosting a morning tea to running a marathon or fundraising at school. All funds raised from your charity events goes directly towards funding our lifesaving emergency response and aid programs in Australia and overseas.
When you hold a fundraising event for Save the Children Australia, you’re supporting an aid and development organisation with over 100 years of experience in the field. We’re committed to delivering a bright future for every child. Our transparency and accountability means that for every dollar you raise for us, 73 cents goes directly into our programs. The remaining 27 cents to administration, fundraising, and commercial activity (such as our op shops). Our latest annual report demonstrates our ethics and high standards of integrity.
Charity Fundraising Event Ideas
When it comes to fundraising through running charity events, you can run them online or face-to-face. Some popular charity event ideas you can organise at work, school or in your community include:
- Fun runs dressed as your favourite character
- Book clearance sales
- Sporting events
- International food fairs
- Weekend car washes
- Bake sale
All donations received from your fundraising efforts help us protect children from harm. It helps children in Australia and around the world in five key areas:
- Education: we believe every child has the right to access quality education
- Health: we’re dedicated to improving the health of children and their families so they can live long, happy and healthy lives
- Emergencies: Save the Children Australia provides life-saving supplies and emotional support to children and their families during conflict and war. We are also committed to protecting children from violence, abuse, exploitation, disease and malnutrition.
- Climate change and disasters: we’re working hard to reduce the vulnerability of children to climate change and its effect on natural disasters.
Charity Event Ideas For Work
Organising a charity event to fundraise for Save the Children Australia is a great way to develop teamwork while working together and having fun. Get charity ideas for your corporate charity events. Download and explore our fundraising idea Book of Bright Ideas.