While Australia is a first world country, not child experiences a safe home, learning opportunities and a healthy standard of living. Many children in Australia experience poverty, hunger, social disadvantages and family violence.
Save the Children delivers child protection and education programs in regional, urban and remote locations throughout Australia. You can donate to help children and donate to a child in need with a regular monthly donation.
Why Children In Need Require You To Donate
Our evidence-based, world-renowned programs
reach at-risk Australian children in regional, urban and remote locations. We are dedicated to keeping children safe and on track for a brighter future. When you donate to Save the Children, you get peace of mind that 73 cents in every dollar
going towards helping protect children in Australia. Our three areas of focus in Australia include:
- Helping families provide a safe, positive and supportive home environment.
- Providing access to quality education while encouraging children and young people to become engaged with their learning.
- Supporting local communities so children and young people feel connected, safe and strong.
Before donating to a charity, we suggest you consider the following:
- Checking to see if the charity is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC).
- Finding out if the charity is a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and that they’ve signed the Code of Conduct.
- Checking that the programs delivered are evidence-based and produce long-lasting results. It’s also a good idea to check the annual reports.
How To Donate To Help Children
We rely on your generous regular monthly donations to fund our emergency response
and lifesaving programs
in Australia. The donations for children’s shelter include supported accommodation
that cares for pregnant women and mothers with newborns from remote communities. This program ensures babies are given the best opportunities during their first 1,000 days of life.
When you donate to homeless children, you help us provide safe accommodation,
support and counselling services for women and their children who are escaping family or domestic violence.
Support Youth Support Programs
Regular monthly donations also help us fund our Mobile Youth Van (M.Y. van) program. This innovative education and child protection program has been designed to reach Australia’s most hard to reach and vulnerable children. Using sport, digital media and music, this program was established in 2012 and has reached 1,000’s of young people in Victoria and NSW.
Donate to help children today