The 2018 Indonesia tsunami and earthquake
has caused devastating havoc and children are amongst those most vulnerable. Below, find out how to donate to tsunami-affected children in Indonesia and the work we are doing to help these vulnerable children and their families.
Save The Children has been championing the right of children for over 100 years. We believe every child has the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We provide emergency response in a crisis and programs that help to protect children and give them the best opportunity in life. Here is how you can support children and their families by donating to the Indonesia earthquake and tsunami.
Where Your Donation To Indonesia Earthquake Victims Goes
We have policies in place that ensure resources are distributed as effectively and efficiently as possible. When you donate to Indonesia earthquake victims, 79% of your donation goes directly towards program expenditure.
The earthquake and tsunami in Indonesia caused devastating damage to buildings, homes and other structures. Lives were lost and over 1.5 million people have been affected, including at least 600,000 children. The traumatic experience of witnessing this natural disaster would be enough to truly take its toll, but in addition to that, children have been separated from their parents, become orphans and lost everything that was familiar to them. We have partnered with Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik (YSTC) so that we can continue to assess where help is needed most.
Types of Support Provided
Our teams on the ground in Indonesia provide the support needed to help children and their families recover and rebuild - this includes:
- Distributing emergency supplies such as food, shelter and blankets
- Supplying clean water and hygiene kits to stop the spread of deadly diseases
- Setting up temporary learning centres and child-friendly spaces so children have a safe and supportive place for them to learn and play
- Helping to protect children who have been orphaned or separated from their families from abuse and exploitation
- Providing psychosocial support services for children who are suffering from trauma
- Establishing family tracing, reunification and registration procedures to help reunite children with their families
Donate To Indonesia Tsunami And Earthquake Victims
Donations enable us to continue to support vulnerable children and their families in Indonesia. You can support them too by making a single donation
today or becoming a monthly giver.