Save the Children is a world-renowned children’s charity that has been providing evidence-based emergency response and aid programs for over 100 years. Our children’s charities work ensures at home or overseas, no child is alone and fearing for their life. For many children, their home is the most dangerous place they can be. From neglect and physical, emotional or sexual abuse to lack of educational opportunities.
Our children’s charities work in Australia includes education and child protection programs in remote, regional and urban locations. Despite Australia being ranked as a good place to live for economic advantage and education, sadly this isn’t the case for everyone. With more than 17% of Australian children living below the poverty line and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children overrepresented in the juvenile justice system and institutional care, we need your help.
A regular monthly donation to children’s charities near me can help us protect vulnerable children who are living in neglect and are fearful of abuse. The positive impact your donation to our local children’s charities can make include:
● $50 can help a child recover and heal from abuse through a therapeutic place with our trained staff
● $88 can give families who have experienced trauma the support they need to recover and heal
● $125 can give a child who has experienced violence safe housing and counselling
● $160 can create safe spaces in refuges for children so they’re not the forgotten victims of violence.
The Best Australian Children’s Charities
We are one of the leading children’s charities that are dedicated to helping children in Australia fulfil their potential. When you donate to our education and child protection support programs you get peace of mind that for every 1 dollar raised, 73 cents go directly towards funding these programs. All our children’s charities Australia activities are delivered with transparency and accountability. We conduct all our activities legally and ethically in line with our very high standards of integrity. We work tirelessly towards achieving the following three goals:
1. That no child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
2. That all children have access to a good quality basic education
3. That violence, exploitation and abuse against children is no longer tolerated.
With one Australian child being subjected to some form of child abuse every 16 minutes, your regular monthly donations can help us support them.