It’s unsettling to know that children in Australia and around the world are still experiencing abuse, neglect, disease, exploitation, war and conflict. For nearly 100 years, Save the Children Australia has been helping children in need through our aid and development programs and emergency responses. Working in partnership with local communities, other NGOs, community and advocacy groups, and all levels of government, we continue to create a lasting change for disadvantaged children, their communities and families.
How Save the Children Australia Is Helping Children In Need
Our international and Australian services are focused on helping children in need. We have 120 programs in 20 countries across: the Pacific region, South-East and South-Central Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Australia. These evidence-based programs reach children caught up in humanitarian emergencies and natural disasters. Our program goals aim to:
- Ensure no child dies from preventable causes before they turn 5 years of age
- Give all children a quality basic education
- Protect children against violence, neglect and abuse.
Our Australian based programs focus on supporting children to reach their full potential, regardless of their background, location or circumstances. The programs focus on:
- Ensuring all children and youths can participate and engage in learning
- Helping families provide a safe, supportive and positive home environment
- Building strong, connected and caring communities that are safe for children and youths.
How You Can Support A Child In Need
You can support a child in need with a regular monthly donation. You could also participate in our regular fundraising events or hold your own fundraising event for Save the Children Australia. Another way you can support our important work and help a child in need is to shop at our Op Shops. Everyone can make an impact, so get involved today.