It can be hard seeing the devastation unfolding in Ukraine. Many of us are desperate to help but wondering how to help Ukraine from Australia. Below, is information on the aid and assistance our teams on the ground are providing for children and their families in Ukraine and how you can help Ukrainian refugees.
Save The Children has been championing the right of children for over 100 years. We have grown into a global movement, helping millions of children in over 117 countries. We provide life-saving aid in countries affected by humanitarian crises including natural disasters, war & effects of climate change and also run programs that focus on giving children the best start in life. Here is how we are supporting children in Ukraine and how to help Ukraine now
How To Help Ukrainian Refugees
With conflict that had already been going on for 8 years, the recent escalation in violence has put even more children & their families at greater risk. With 7.5 million children in Ukraine, countless children have had to flee their homes, have been separated from their families and have been exposed to situations no child should have to live through. Aid and support are desperately needed.
In Ukraine, we have had teams on the ground helping children and their families since 2014. We have also been able to deploy additional specially trained rapid response teams delivering urgent immediate relief as the situation has escalated. Our teams are working hard to provide the following aid in Ukraine:
- Distribution of essential supplies such as food, clean water shelter, medicine & hygiene kits along with winter kits including clothing and blankets
- Providing families with cash grants so they can purchase things they need to survive
- Helping to protect children from harm and provide them with access to quality education
- Providing support to neighbouring countries that have had an influx of refugees from Ukraine
- Providing psychological support for children at risk of severe emotional distress
- Providing safe places for children to learn and play
- Helping to keep families together
Whilst immediate relief is extremely important, what we do know is that the impact on these vulnerable children of this ongoing conflict severely affects their ability to recover. One of the best ways we know how to help Ukraine is to continue to provide support long term. Our teams will be there for as long as possible to ensure children are safe, have the space & resources to help them work through the effects of this conflict and provide the opportunity for them to learn and play.
Here Is How To Help Ukraine Now
The best way to help Ukrainian refugees is to help us provide ongoing support on the ground in Ukraine by donating today. You can make a single donation or become a monthly giver to help make a real difference to the innocent children and their families caught up in this devastating war.