Local children's charities enable people in Australia to provide support through donations and get actively involved to improve the lives of Australian children. Save the Children runs education and child protection programs in urban, regional & remote locations throughout Australia. Below is information on how we support Australian children to reach their full potential and how you can find ‘local children’s charities near me’.
What Support Is Provided Through Local Kids Charities?
We work in partnership with young people and other local kids charities to ensure our programs are effective, targeted and evidence-based. Here are some of the ways we help through local kids charities:
- We offer support to struggling parents and give their young children the stimulation they need for healthy development
- We create new pathways for young people who are struggling to stay in school or are having difficulty transitioning out of the juvenile justice system
- We protect mothers and children who are experiencing family or domestic violence in safe houses across Australia
- We care for pregnant or new mothers in supported accommodation, helping them to gain confidence in caring for their babies
How Can You Get Involved With Local Children’s Charities:
There are several ways you can get involved or provide support for local children’s charities including:
- Being an advocate for children’s rights
- Volunteering through our programs, op shops, events, programs and offices located throughout Australia
- Help fundraise through events
- Shop at one of our many op shops across Australia
- Join a local member branch to help raise funds and awareness for our local kid’s charities
- Partnering with Save the Children through your company or corporation
- Give a one-off or monthly donation
Find Local Children's Charities Near Me
To join or support your local children’s charity near you get in touch with your local member branch or make a monthly donation today.