With nearly 15 million Australian adults giving over $12 billion to charities and not for profit organisations in 2015-2016 (Philanthropy Australia), it's important that your charity support makes a difference. Deciding which charity to support can be difficult because of lack of transparency and accountability. Save the Children has over 100 years of field experience in Australia and overseas. Our accountability and transparency means that for every dollar you donate, 73 cents is invested to benefit children including health, education, child protection and humanitarian response programs.
The Best Charities To Support
When you’re deciding on which charities to support, it’s ideal to choose one that supports causes you care about. Your charity checklist should include:
- Checking to see if the charity is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC)
- Finding out if the charity is a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and that they’ve signed the Code of Conduct.
- Checking that the programs are evidence based and produce long lasting results. It’s also a good idea to check the annual reports.
We provide evidence based programs
and deliver emergency aid and development
to humanitarian emergencies including the Yemen Crisis and the Rohingya Crisis. With regular evaluation reports
we can assess the long-term outcomes of our programs at local, national, regional and global levels.
How To Support Charity
Our programs are led by highly experienced teams who work in conjunction with local communities, other NGOs, all levels of government and community and advocacy groups. Your charity support helps us go to the toughest places to save children from hunger, disease, war, conflict, earthquakes and cyclones.
Giving a regular monthly donation
to Save the Children ensures children and their families have access to clean drinking water, life-saving medicines, nutritious food and healthcare. It also helps us protect children from neglect, abuse and exploitation.
Your regular monthly support can have the following positive impacts:
- $20 can feed a malnourished child for 2 weeks
- $30 can deliver full medical care to a malnourished child
- $60 can give a child 3 months in a child friendly space to recover from trauma
- $80 can provide 4,800 people with safe and clean drinking water
Learn more about the work we are doing to support children in Australia and overseas.