Learn about our aid response to the Nepal Earthquake
Together we're creating a better world for children in Australia and across the globe. Without you we can't do the work we do.
In 2014 Save the Children Australia ran 149 projects in 29 countries around the world, reaching 12 million people. We also responded to 18 humanitarian crises. It took $144.9 million in total income to achieve this result; made possible thanks to the incredible generosity of our supporters.
We value each and every one of our supporters, and it's important to us that you trust us. That's why we make this promise to you.
We are respectful and understand your privacy is important
- Your data is confidential and is kept secure
- If we contact you, we avoid inconvenient times and we're respectful of your time
- If you ask us not to contact you we won't, unless it's a legal requirement
- Your data isn't shared with third parties if you ask us not to, and will never be sold
- We respect your privacy and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
We are accountable and transparent
- Every dollar you donate is valued and we ensure it's used wisely
- Every year we report back to you on where and how funds are spent
- We share our financial information in a way that's easy to access and understand
- We share with you – through case studies, inspiring stories and measurable results – how your donations are helping to change the lives of vulnerable children
- We're honest about our challenges as well as our successes
- If we get something wrong we'll say sorry and will work with you to ensure it doesn't happen again.
We conduct ourselves with integrity in all our activities
- We comply with best practice standards for accountability and quality, as advised by the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID), the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), the Fundraising Institute Australia (FIA)and the Association for Data-driven Marketing and Advertising (ADMA)
- When out in the community, we adhere to best practice standards as provided by the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association (PFRA), as do our representatives in the field
- We're empathetic to your needs and we're always here to help
- We actively listen to what you have to say and engage with you to understand your feedback, both positive and negative.
We are ambitious, collaborative and creative
- We respect, value and encourage diversity
- We work with partners to leverage our global strength in making a difference for vulnerable children
- We set high goals and robust benchmarks to measure and evaluate our success
- We consistently test, learn and refine everything we do to ensure it's of excellent quality
- We innovate and take disciplined risks to develop sustainable solutions.
If you have any questions about our supporter promise, or would just like more information about our work, please contact our friendly Supporter Care Team on 1800 76 00 11 (FREECALL, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm ADST) or firstname.lastname@example.org. We're always happy to help.
Here are some other helpful links relating to our promise to you: