We need you! Our Save the Children Op Shops are run entirely off Volunteers like you. All the funds raised from the sales from our Op Shops go directly back into the community through our Programs to support children and families across WA and Australia, as well as globally.
The role of Retail Shop Assistant involves:
- Sorting and categorizing donations
- Pricing, hanging and displaying stock
- Filling shop displays from excess in backroom
- Processing sales on POS computer – cash and eftpos
- Customer Service – greeting and assisting customers
- General housekeeping duties
- rganise for returns to be sent back to the Warehouse
- Maintaining an organized and tidy back room
It’s a real team effort with great rewards and opportunity to contribute your own ideas to increase our sales and maximise the benefit for children in need. You’ll also get to know your fellow team members, regular customers and have a great time with everyone.
Full day and half day shifts are available, we just ask for regular shift commitments of agreed upon shifts. For those looking for roles with more responsibility, there are opportunities to progress towards Supervisory Roles and Managerial Roles.
All stores are Centrelink Registered.
77 Wanneroo Road (Cnr Cape Street)
03 9207 1646
Full day and half day shifts are available. Half day: 9-1 or 1-5
Monday – Sunday (dependent on store)
Store Manager/Supervisor and Area Manager on a regular basis. Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Manager where necessary.
Essential Skills and/or experience
- Fit and able to lift, carry, move stock (no more than 10kg)
- Great customer service skills with a friendly and happy demeanor
- Honest, reliability and punctuality is a must
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and independently
- Cash and eftpos handing experience
- Enthusiasm for retail and merchandising displays
- Interest in pre-loved goods, collectables and vintage items
- Interest in Fashion, Bric-A-Brac and books
Induction and orientation training sessions are essential. Ongoing instore training as required.
Volunteer Applicants will be required to
- Permit Save the Children to undertake a Nation Police Clearance.
- Provide 4 copies of identification for the Police Clearance as set out in guidelines
- Sign off on required documentation of policies