Who can volunteer?
Our volunteers range from 18 to 85 years old. They come from all different backgrounds and bring diverse skill sets to our organisation. We value the support of every single one of our volunteers and would for love you to join us!
How your time will help children
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and become part of a community of committed supporters. It also gives you the opportunity to improve your skills and career prospects, and of course you'll be playing a vital role in helping us to save children's lives.
By donating your time, you can help us achieve three major breakthroughs for children:
- All children survive. No child dies from preventable causes before their fifth birthday.
- All children learn. Every child learns from a basic quality education.
- All children are safe. Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
The benefits of volunteering for you
You not only help girls and boys in Australia and overseas when you volunteer for Save the Children; there are also big benefits for you too:
- You'll learn new skills while using your existing ones.
- You'll meet new people and make wonderful new friends.
- You'll find out more about the issues affecting vulnerable communities both here in Australia and overseas.
- You'll be going behind the scenes at one of Australia's largest aid and development agencies.
Each of our amazing volunteers have their own story to tell
whilst working with Save the Children.
Current volunteer opportunities
We have volunteering positions available in our offices and programs across Australia, except in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and the Northern Territory (NT).
You can apply for a specific role or register your interest
in volunteering if we don't have the right opportunity for you. If there is something available, we will get in touch. Otherwise we will keep you on file and contact you if something suitable becomes available.
See current volunteer opportunities below: