These Terms and Conditions of use apply to all Gift Cards issued by Save the Children Australia stores (ABN 99 008 610 035).
Your purchase, redemption or attempted redemption of a Gift Card constitutes your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of use, including the Privacy and Data Breach Notification Policies referred herein.
We recommend that you read this document carefully before using the Gift Card. If you have any complaints, questions or would like more information about your Gift Card, please contact email@example.com or read below.
Expiry: All Save the Children Australia Gift Cards expire 3 years after the date of issue, as indicated on the Gift Cards.
Gift cards cannot be redeemed online.
"Save the Children Australia stores", means and all references to "we" or "us" are a reference to – Save the Children Australia (ABN 99 008 610 035) of 33 Lincoln Square South, Carlton VIC.
"Participating Save the Children Australia Store", means all Save the Children Australia Stores excluding Bookshops, Pop-Up stores, On-line stores or any store outside Australia. Find your nearest Save the Children Op Shop.
"Gift Card", means the Gift Card you have purchased or received at any participating Save the Children Australia store.
"Unspent Gift Card Value" means, at any time, the balance of the initial value loaded on to your Gift Card, which has not yet been spent and which you may still spend in accordance with these Terms and Conditions in participating Save the Children Australia stores before the expiry date specified on the Card.
All references to “you” or “your” are references to the person who is in possession of the Gift Card for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions of use, or who authorises or allows another person to do something with or to the Gift Card on their behalf.
Gift Card Redemptions and Exclusions
Your Gift Card may be used by redeeming the value which has been loaded to the Card for purchases at all Participating Save the Children Australia stores but cannot be used for the following excluded transactions:
(a) Gift Cards cannot be redeemed on the eBay Save the Children Australia Stores;
(b) Gift Cards cannot be redeemed via over-the-phone transactions
(c) Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase Gift Cards or other tender;
(d) Gift Cards cannot be redeemed on the Save the Children Australia online store; and
(e) Gift Cards cannot be redeemed at Save the Children Australia Pop-Up stores or Bookstores. Find your nearest Save the Children Op Shop.
General information relating to Gift Card purchases
- You will be required to provide your name and contact number in order to purchase a Gift Card with Save the Children Australia stores. This information is subject to the Save the Children Australia Privacy Statement and Policies referred to in the Terms and Conditions.
- Gift Cards can only be loaded with values and used for purchases when the register is connected to an active internet connection. In the event the store does not have an active internet connection, Gift Cards cannot be purchased or used to make purchases.
- You will not be awarded any Save the Children Australia store Loyalty points when you purchase a Gift Card.
- Gift Cards must be used in person by presenting the Gift Card to the cashier at time of purchase
- Gift Cards are partially redeemable and any Unspent Gift Card value will remain on the Gift Card and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Your Gift Card may only be used to make purchases up to the Unspent Gift Card value at the time of purchase. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount which exceeds the Unspent Gift Card value, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
- Goods that are purchased with a Gift Card may not be returned in exchange for cash. Goods that are purchased solely or in part with a Gift Card are subject to Save the Children Australia stores exchange and return policy
- Gift Cards are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities. You cannot obtain any cash advance with your Gift Card, redeem your Gift Card for cash or receive any portion of the Unspent Gift Card value in cash
- Gift Card balances can be checked at any time by asking the cashier in any participating Save the Children Australia Stores.
- Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase another Gift Card.
- You cannot use loyalty points towards the total or partial payment for a Gift Card.
- You Gift Card will be valid for three (3) years from the date of issue. After such time it will be invalid. You should use all the Unspent Gift Card value before the expiry date as after the expiry date unused value will become the property of Save the Children Australia.
- Gift Cards cannot be cancelled except in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and shall become void when their value has been fully used or the card has expired. We reserve the right to cancel any Gift Card that appears to have been defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way and Save the Children Australia may subject Gift Cards to a verification process.
- We reserve the right to correct the balance of your Gift Card if we believe that a clerical or accounting error has occurred.
- A re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards is not available unless the fault or damage to the Gift Card is proven to be a result of the production process or otherwise due to our fault.
- Lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded. The bearer of the Gift Card will be taken to be the owner of the Gift Card and is responsible for its safe keeping. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by us. We recommend that you take the same security precautions with your Gift Card as you would with cash.
- We reserve the right to change any of the terms contained in these Terms and Conditions at any time. This may include adding or removing shops where you are able to redeem your card.
- If you have reason to believe that an error has occurred in relation to your Gift Card, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limitations of liability
These Terms and Conditions of use are to be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Australia in which the Gift Card was purchased and any dispute concerning the Gift Card is subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of that State.