There’s a growing number of Australian’s who are volunteering to help their local communities and wider population. With 3.6 million Australian’s actively engaged in voluntary work*, you can help the growing population make a difference. Join others by enquiring about any of the volunteer opportunities to help children with Save the Children Australia.
The Best Volunteer Opportunities to Help Children
Save the Children Australia has been protecting children from violence and abuse and upholding their rights for nearly 100 years. Volunteer opportunities with youth at Save the Children Australia are available for people from 18 to 85 years old.
We value the support our volunteers bring to helping us support children in Australia. Their wide range of skills and talents they bring to our organisation is vital to our lifesaving work. Our valued volunteers also make new friends as they become an integral part of our community of committed and inspired supporters.
Discover the variety of volunteer work available such as:
- Retail Volunteers - shop assistants in Save the Children stores
- Community Volunteers - provide support to parents and carers in safe spaces
- Youth Volunteers - join mentorship programs to empower youth
- And much more - browse the full list of opportunities on our Volunteers page
Volunteer and Help Save The Children
When you volunteer your time and energy to Save the Children Australia you help us achieve 3 major breakthroughs for children:
- That no child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday. We are committed to helping all children survive and thrive.
- That every child gets a basic, good quality education to set them up for life.
- That all children are safe and never threatened with violence.
Not ready to volunteer but want to help our life saving programs? Your one off or monthly donations go directly towards preventing child abuse and neglect Australia and around the world.
*2016 Census reveals Australians still committed to volunteering, Volunteering Australia (2017)