Since March 2015, the Yemen Crisis has been relentless. With no end in sight for the millions of children and their families who have been displaced, there are many charities helping in Yemen. Save the Children have been on the ground since 2015 alongside other NGO’s, local communities, advocacy groups and all levels of government providing urgent humanitarian assistance to children and their families needing humanitarian assistance. As one of the major charities helping in Yemen, we deliver evidence-based programs that draw on nearly 100 years of field experience.
Charities Working In Yemen
Save the Children is one of the charities supporting Yemen. With an estimated 22.2 million people needing help, including 11.3 million children, our programs are designed to:
- Provide safe drinking water to millions of children and their families.
- Support hospitals and health centres across Yemen to treat 100,000 children suffering malnutrition.
- Operate mobile health clinics in the hardest-to-reach areas.
- Support children with psychosocial support to help them come to terms with their experiences.
- Run health treatment centres for children suffering diphtheria and cholera.
Make A Yemen Charity Donation
As one of the charities helping Yemen, we are dedicated to keeping children safe and on track for a brighter future. When you donate to Save the Children, you get peace of mind that 73 cents in every dollar goes directly towards helping protect children and their families.
Before donating to Australian charities helping in Yemen, we suggest you consider the following:
- Checking to see if the charity is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC).
- Finding out if the charity is a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and that they’ve signed the Code of Conduct.
- Checking that the programs delivered are evidence-based and produce long-lasting results. It’s also a good idea to check the annual reports.
- A regular monthly donation can make a huge difference to children and their families:
- A $55 donation per month provides lifesaving medicine, food and treatment for one severely malnourished child for 2 weeks.
- A $96 donation per month provides water for 1 month for 40 children at school.
- A $124 donation per month buys nutritious peanut paste for 2 severely malnourished children for 6 weeks.
Start changing lives, make a monthly donation today.