With the Yemen Crisis ongoing since March 2015, there’s no end in sight for the millions of children and their families who have been displaced. Before the Yemen Crisis began, Yemen was already one of the poorest Arab countries in the world where 850,000 children under five were already chronically malnourished.
Since the Yemen Crisis began, Save the Children have been on the ground alongside other NGO’s, local communities, advocacy groups and all levels of government providing urgent humanitarian assistance to children and their families needing humanitarian assistance. Our evidence-based program draws on nearly 100 years of field experience. With a world-renowned reputation for delivering aid where it’s most needed, we work with other NGO’s, local communities, advocacy groups and all levels of government to help children and their families needing humanitarian assistance.
What Our Yemen Appeal Delivers
Our programs in Yemen help to:
- Run health treatment centres for children suffering diphtheria and cholera.
- Treat children suffering severe malnutrition while we help provide urgently needed food to others who are dangerously malnourished.
- Support over 150 health facilities and over 20 hospitals to provide essential healthcare in a country that’s in a health crisis.
- Operate mobile health clinics in the hardest-to-reach areas.
- Support children with psychosocial support to help them come to terms with their experiences.
- Set up more Child-Friendly Spaces so children can learn, play and recover in safety.
The Best Way To Donate To Yemen Crisis
Donating to our Yemen Crisis appeal is a powerful way to make an impact. With 73 cents in every dollar you donate going directly towards saving children and their families, we stay accountable to our supporters, partners and children and work hard to achieve measurable results.
You also get peace of mind when you donate Yemen crisis that we regularly evaluate all our programs. This systematic assessment of our programs ensure we design and deliver measurable, evidence-based interventions that positively benefit children and their families. A small regular donation can make a huge difference to children and their families:
- A $55 donation per month provides lifesaving medicine, food and treatment for one severely malnourished child for 2 weeks.
- A $96 donation per month provides water for 1 month for 40 children at school.
- A $124 donation per month buys nutritious peanut paste for 2 severely malnourished children for 6 weeks.
Start changing lives, make a monthly donation today.